Saturday, September 15, 2012

A Rubber Lined Pond Day

I got home late. Bloom Day will have to wait until tomorrow.

It was another day at the rubber lined pond trying to get the thing finished. I added a few more rocks at the upper falls trying to give it more movement. A little better. I need to stop and just let the shrubberies grow back. They will blend it all in.




















The main focus today was the lower pond.




















I dug the sides down and placed the rock I fetched from further away.




















Yes I fetched all that rock and then some.

Much better. You are not staring at five inches of rubber liner below the rocks and above the water level. The water level is actually about an inch high so there will be some liner visible when it goes back to normal. I'll hide it with water lilies and other pond plants come spring.




















The babbling brook and rubber lined pond is 95% done.




















I have some more planting to do.




















And I want to add some more rocks on the back side of the pond.




















It is filled to capacity, just below overflow level. All ready for the big rain the weather diagnosis says is headed this way. I want to see it in a big rain and make sure it works.




















On Monday I'll do more planting and add a few more rocks on the back side of the pond. Then I need to walk away and let it be for a while. It would be good to come back with fresh eyes after some rest. The rest of the grounds need tending after spending so much time on the babbling brook and rubber lined pond.

6 comments:

Lola said...

That's a lot of rock to move. Looks good.

Christopher C. NC said...

That's a lot of rocks. Enough for a fine looking dry stack wall.

Anonymous said...

It looks good! Working with water is always a challenge as it tends to do what it darn well pleases. You seem to have conquered it.

bev

Les said...

I can appreciate how hard this work is, not so much the labor (which is indeed hard), but difficulty in making it look natural.

Siria said...

WOW... I love it!!!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You need to put a big old rock down by the pond end so a person can sit there and admire the water lilies and watch the dragonflies zoom around then it will be perfect.