Monday, September 10, 2012

Babble On

Another day of hauling rocks. The stones around the upper fall were reconfigured and the filter fall was covered. A few groundcover type plants were planted along the walk. I am waffling on whether to plant something on the back side of the babbling brook in that pocket in the shrubs. I cut the shrubs back and I know they will fill back in in no time. But I don't want the dogs digging a hole back there.




















All the rounded river rock was placed and the flagstone path was unstraightened.




















A path to the skimmer was laid out. These flagstones and others will need to be properly set.




















I still must go hunting for more rocks to haul.




















The fifty foot long stream is pretty much done. Trimming of the excess liner and underlayment for the planting pockets has begun.




















New plantings will soften all the stone in the stream and the rubble wall that supports the pool deck.




















There is only one decent sized bed in this whole project. It's focal point is going to be a dwarf Japanese White Pine.




















One more day of hauling rocks should get it done.




















Mulch well and plant. Babble on.

7 comments:

KatieD said...

Very nice! All this AND the photos too!

Christopher C. NC said...

No TV and the days are getting shorter.

Lola said...

It's looking great. I too have noticed the days getting shorter or I just sleep too much. lol
Still baby sitting the baby squirrel. Boy is she growing.

Christopher C. NC said...

Sleeping too much is not one of my problems Lola. I am doing good to get 7 hours.

Barry said...

Chris, you have an active imagination to guide you as you set those stones, so don't worry about a temporary bare area drawing canine excavation reflexes. Put something unappealing in the way, and make some sacrificial "dig area" open to them (maybe salt it with bacon or peanut butter). I think we all feel that you should get a hefty bonus for this project!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

The project is coming together beautifully. I little chicken wire in the mulch would keep the dogs from digging. Can't wait to see it finished.

Rebecca said...

Jealous. That's the only word I can come up with.