Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Standing On The Porch In The Rain

It's moist out there. The hurricane remnants have been lingering/passing through for several days now. It is hard to tell the difference between this and our normal afternoon rainforest rains. It is always wet out there. Perfect for planting and transplanting; when I have time for such things.

The unknown mum that fell out of the ground and followed me home doesn't seem to mind the wet. It has quadrupled in size in just two seasons. If I remember I'll spread it around when it is done blooming or come spring perhaps. More giant balls of an orange tinted yellow would be nice.




















White and chartreuse light up the still dark forest green. This is only a small hint of what is to come.


























I stand on my porch in the rain, plotting, as I gaze out on the garden that extends to the horizon and beyond.


1 comment:

Lola said...

Loved the gentle rains while there sitting on the porch that I designed. I too agree that a few more orange tinted yellow would be nice in different spots. Wish my mums would start blooming. Some of my grasses are blooming. I think too much rain for here at the wrong time.