Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Time To Walk Away

The babbling brook is done.




















It survived its first deluge completely intact. The storm surge overflow worked perfectly.




















More plants were planted. Smaller pond rocks were added. They are whiter than I would have liked. I hope they age, get dirty, and become a bit darker in time.




















The plants will have ample time to settle in before winter arrives.




















I can get back to my routine gardening chores. The babbling brook and rubber lined pond need to be left alone to congeal for a while before any further adjustments are made.


























Soon enough it will just be another routine garden maintenance task. With goldfish. I want to get it some goldfish now.

5 comments:

Lola said...

Oh my, it's gorgeous. I sure wouldn't mind having one like that in my garden but no hills. Arrrrg.
I too think the rocks will darken with time. It already looks as if it's been there forever.

Christopher C. NC said...

Thanks Lola. I think it turned out pretty well and the clients are most pleased.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It looks great. It will be interesting to see it when all the plants fill in.

Helen said...

Well, wow, Christopher. And now I can even fill in the picture outside the frame of the photographs. Lovely.

Siria said...

Beautiful!!!